Mutual funds, portfolio managers, and financial advisors (other than me) are expensive.
Take a look at the calculations below courtesy of the SEC website's mutual fund cost calculator:
The first represents a $500k investment over 30 years with 1% cost.
The second represents the same investment with 0.15% cost.
The difference to the advisor/portfolio manager/mutual fund is $823,132.
I'll do the work for a one-time flat fee of $3,500.
(regardless of portfolio size)
I'll work with you to develop a low-cost, low maintenance, "set it and forget it" diversified portfolio of funds that matches your risk tolerance, time horizon, and investment goal(s).
I'll teach you what you need to know to make your initial investment(s), add and withdraw money, and periodically rebalance your account and I'll help you decide which brokerage firm to use to implement your plan.
Current and previous employer retirement plans are included, and I'll advise you which accounts can and should be consolidated or rolled over (and which shouldn't).
With my help, you can do it yourself (DIY) confidently, easily, and at surprisingly low cost. Rather than paying me an ongoing fee perpetually, I'll coach you for a short period of time, at a low fixed cost, and then send you on your way as you achieve financial peace (and I'll be available to you in the future, as needed, at modest cost).
Here's what $3,500 buys you:
- Fee-only, advice-only, fiduciary Registered Investment Adviser. I'm not a BROKEr.
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) professional with 25 years of experience.
- Independent, no product sales. No conflict of interest, no Wall Street connection. I'm paid solely by my clients; I work for you.
- Risk tolerance profiling.
- Portfolio asset allocation advice.
- Specific index fund and/or ETF (exchange-traded fund) recommendations.
- Qualified plan, IRA, and taxable account advice.
- 529 college savings plan investment analysis and advice (if applicable).
- Health savings account (HSA) investment analysis and advice (if applicable).
- Brokerage firm discussion and recommendation.
- Previous employer qualified retirement plan to IRA rollover decision advice.
- 2 x 1.5 hour virtual planning/education/coaching/implementation meetings.
- 3 months of follow-up Q&A, implementation help, email support.
* Investments only, non investment-related financial planning available for an additional fee. Additional fee applies for advice or analysis related to annuities, cash value life insurance, trust accounts, evaluation of existing securities, and/or stock-based compensation.
Interested in collaborating together on your investment plan? Please complete this short pre-planning profile and I'll be in touch shortly.