It may be helpful to print these instructions or to keep them open in a separate tab while you update information in your plan.
Username: <your email address>
Temporary Password: Ffplan2005
When you login for the first time you will be prompted to change your password.
Please retain your username and new password to access your financial plan in the future.
After logging in:
- Look for the blue question mark icons for descriptive contextual help.
- Do your best and be as accurate as possible but estimates are okay and you can’t break anything.
- Most of your input items are “qualitative” in nature meaning they require thoughtful input on your part but no tedious numerical data entry (we’ll handle that part!)
- All information that you enter is saved (after you move to the next screen) and you can use multiple login sessions to complete the requested information.
- You can use the headings at the top and the “next” button prompts to easily move from section to section.
1) Personal Information, Goals, Expectations, and Concerns (15-30 min)
- Personal information
– Employment income is total gross earned income from each spouse’s employment before any payroll deductions.
– Other income is pre-retirement unearned non-investment income.
- Children’s information
– Minor children for whom you wish to fund college or private secondary school)
- Expectations and concerns
– Both spouses (if married) should complete these independently.
- How long will you live in retirement
– Set desired retirement age and willingness to retire later (if not yet retired) for each spouse and then click “discuss” in the upper-right corner tip box to adjust life expectancy for health and longevity related factors.
– Start by clicking the blue “auto goals” box in the options section at the top of the page. Leave the goals in the “needs” column “as is” (we will discuss and adjust these as necessary). Delete, modify, or add any other goals to your liking to both the “wants” and “wishes” columns. Click on each want/wish goal after adding to change timeframe, amounts, etc.
– Note that any goals entered here will be funded by your investment assets so do not include as goals any recurring expenses that you “pay from cashflow” (ie, that you don’t explicitly save for over time).
2) Risk Profiles (15-30 min)
- Click on “my plans” on the top menu bar and then click the square at the bottom of the page that says “Finametrica risk tolerance.”
- Then go to “complete your questionnaire.” If married, each spouse should complete their own risk profile independently.
3) Link Accounts (10-30 min); optional but highly recommended
- Click on “my plans” on the top menu bar and then click the square at the bottom of the page that says “Envestnet Yodlee Linked Accounts.”
- Link all of your financial accounts by following the instructions given.
- This functionality allows most investment, retirement plan, brokerage firm, insurance, bank, credit card, mortgage, and other financial accounts to automatically pull in updated financial positions and balances into the software.
- If you have accounts at Folio Investing, please link those here also.
- Yodlee’s security statement and details can be found here: https://www.yodlee.com/legal/yodlee-security/
4) If you have not already done so, please provide other requested information items for us to complete or update your plan found here: ffplan.com/forms.