I'm a Certified Financial Planner™ professional in Frisco, Texas. I've been advising individuals on financial planning issues for more than twenty-five years.
I began my career as an actuary and benefits consultant with a global firm of consultants and financial planners in Dallas, Texas. There, I advised Fortune 500 executives on qualified plans, deferred compensation, stock options and investments.
I have also created, implemented, and monitored financial plans and investment portfolios for private clients of a nationally recognized brokerage firm.
Degrees, Certifications, and Affiliations
- Master of Science, Financial Planning
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Certified Financial Planner™ (CFP®) Designation
- Certified Kingdom Advisor (CKA®) Designation
- Certified Divorce Financial Analyst (CDFA®) Designation
- Certified Employee Benefits Specialist Designation
- Past associate member, Society of Actuaries
- Fee-only NAPFA-certified Financial Advisor
Awards and Press
- Best Financial Planners in Dallas-Fort Worth, D Magazine, every edition of the list since 2006.
- Five Star Wealth Manager, Texas Monthly Magazine, 2011, 2012
- Reader’s Choice Award, September 2011 Frisco Enterprise Newspaper
- Featured in the Wall Street Journal, Newsweek, Business Week, Kiplinger’s Personal Finance, Investment News, Lifehacker, and Financial Advisor Magazine
- Christian believers and non-Christians from all walks of life
- Superintendent of a prominent north Texas school district
- Doctors, dentists, and attorneys
- Pastors and missionaries
- Managing partner for a national benefits consulting firm
- Police officers, firefighters, and paramedics
- Executives and employees of Cisco Systems, Ericsson, JC Penney, Capital One, Walt Disney, Texas Instruments, EDS, Boeing, Frito-Lay, ClubCorp, Michelin, Dell, and more
- Retirees, Corporate Executives, Self-Employed Individuals, and more